Make it Colourful is an extension of what began as a fabulous team of ladies playing on the Make it Crafty team. It was very obvious that our passion was colouring and so naturally talk began of creating a colouring challenge blog.
I (Zoe) then decided to go searching for even more talented ladies to join us. Many of whom responded with such humbleness not believing I would want them on this team. I may be a little biased but I am so proud of the collection of talent these ladies bring to share with you. They all inspire me to colour as I am sure they will inspire you too.
We want this to be a FUN challenge but we will also include some tips and over time will be adding articles and tutorials. It doesn’t matter what your preferred medium is, you can play along here as long as you are ‘addicted to colouring!’
The colour addicts use different mediums such as – Copic markers, Pro Markers, Prismacolor Pencils, Watercolor Pencils, Distress Inks. We are not all experts at these and you will soon see that no matter what your preference is, many of the same principles apply to colouring.
We hope to stretch your imagination and get you experimenting just like we do when we colour.
A few words to inspire you to colour!
- Don’t ever limit yourself. It’s OK to make mistakes because that is part of the learning process.
- Push yourself to try something new each time you colour and you will see that over time you will only improve as you continue to learn.
- Stamp out the image multiple times and practice on just one area you want to improve. It could be hair, faces, shading and so on.
- Don’t be affraid to ruin your image. You can always print or stamp it again and start over.
- And most importantly, always have fun! Don’t stress over the details that aren’t perfect.
We hope you will join us on this colouring journey.
Hugs and take care
The Colour Addicts!